- Download the document. CLICK HERE Past Tense Review exercises blog
- Do the activities 1 to 4.
- Send the document or the message to your teacher.
***You can also print the activities
or write them in a piece of paper if you want.***
PAST TENSE REVIEW
Group:__________ Date: __________________
1) Choose one word in the brackets to complete the sentences.
- __________ you on the bus this morning? (Was, Were, Am)
- He __________ sick yesterday. (Were, Are, Was)
- __________ the game difficult? (Are, Were, Was)
- They __________ happy with the football score. (Wasn’t, Weren’t, Was)
- I __________ with my friends last Sunday. (Is, Were, Was)
2) Write the verbs in the past to create sentences.
- Where __________ (you/live) when you were young?
- She __________ (not/watch) TV yesterday.
- We __________ (buy) a new car last weekend.
- __________ (you/be) on that bus yesterday?
- She __________ (write) a letter to her grandmother.
- Where __________ (you/go) on holiday?
- They __________ (meet) yesterday at the restaurant.
- He __________ (think) that she was right.
- __________ (she/swim) in the sea in Greece?
- We __________ (not/play) tennis yesterday because it was raining.
3) Put the words in the correct order to create sentences.
- weekend / did / a / nice / have / you / ?
- go / did / where / you / ?
- you / go / a / did / on / motorbike / ?
- Saturday / did / What / bed / on / you / time / go / to / ?
- you / homework / your / did / do / English / ?
4) Complete the crossword and then fill the spaces in the sentences with the past simple of the verbs.
- We __________ to school on foot last week.
- She __________ all the cake.
- My parents __________ a new car.
- We __________ English in class.
- My granddad __________ a taxi when he was young.
- John __________ all the answers in the exam.
- I __________ all the Harry Potter books last weekend.
- I __________ a green bike when I was 5 years old.
- My brother __________ a mirror at home.
- I __________ your sister in the cinema.
- The students __________ the lesson.
- My cousin __________ milk for breakfast this morning.
- The dog __________ after my father in the park.
- The children __________ in their grandparents’ house last weekend.
- My mum __________ me a new computer as a present for my birthday.
- The teacher __________ on the board the irregular verbs.
- I __________ my bed in the morning.
- All my friends __________ to my birthday party.
- Sorry teacher! I __________ my backpack at home.
- We __________ up really early this morning.
- The students __________ their homework yesterday.
- My grandmother __________ me a story about my mother when she was a child.
- I __________ my computer to the shop to fix it.
- They __________ the key of their house, so they couldn’t open the door.
If you want to continue practicing,
here you have some exercises (=
Adverbs of Manner Review (OPTIONAL)
- Complete the sentences with an adverb: http://www.englishexercises.org/makeagame/viewgame.asp?id=3731
Descriptions Review (OPTIONAL)
Guess Who Game, click to play!